"Paycor Scheduling's employee time management features perfectly complement Xero’s online accounting software. To connect, find Xero in the App Center, choose between American and Australian platforms, and type in your Xero credentials. Once selected, employee details will sync automatically, and you can make the most of Paycor Scheduling’s scheduling and time tracking modules. Approve collected timesheets and export them to Xero at the click of a button, ready for payroll."
TABLE OF CONTENTS
If you have a Paycor Scheduling account, as well as a Xero account, you can easily connect the two platforms, allowing you to transfer time clock data, as well as staff member data, between the two platforms. If you're interested in integrating your Paycor Scheduling account with Xero, follow the setup guide below.
If you're subscribed to an Advanced plan, you have access to the App Center which houses connections to Paycor Scheduling's growing list of partner integrations. To access the App Center, hover over the Settings tab (gear icon), and click the App Center button.
Next, locate the Xero panel. You will want to select the correct version of Xero from the drop down list: United States or Australia. When you've made your selection, click the Connect button.
You will be redirected to the Xero login page where you will be required to enter in your Email Address / Password combination, or create a new free trial.
Once you're logged in, you will be requested to authorize, and to allow Paycor Scheduling access to your company data. Click the Allow Access button to continue.
Congratulations! Your Paycor Scheduling account is now connected to Xero, and will be redirected to the Xero options page within your Paycor Scheduling account. There is one option available here, and that is the ability to import staff data from Xero to Paycor Scheduling. Make sure to choose a role before proceeding because staff members imported into Paycor Scheduling from Xero will be assigned the User Role that you've selected here. Once the integration is saved, staff members will be automatically created within your Paycor Scheduling account based on the data being pulled from your Xero account.
Also, via Paycor Scheduling's Timesheets page, you can export approved entries from Paycor SCheduling to Xero by clicking the options button (three dots) in the upper right hand corner, and selecting the Export - Xero option.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you've selected the correct date range prior to exporting the approved Timesheets page entries from Paycor Scheduling to Xero, and that it matches the Pay Run within your Xero account. If it doesn't match, you will be presented with an error message.
To recap, staff members can be imported into Paycor Scheduling from Xero by enabling the Import Staff data option via the App Center, and approved Timesheets page data within Paycor Scheduling can be exported into Xero by clicking the Export - Xero button.
Assuming that the Timesheets page export was successful, you will be presented with a notification that states the number of Timesheets page entries, and the number of staff members, that successfully exported from Paycor Scheduling to Xero. You can now login to your Xero account, navigate to the Payroll - Timesheets page, and select a staff member that has exported data from Paycor Scheduling to Xero. This is where you can review the number of hours that were exported from Paycor Scheduling to Xero (where applicable).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- How do I disconnect Xero from my Paycor Scheduling account?
- You can disconnect Xero from your Paycor Scheduling account by navigating to the Settings (gear icon) - App Center page, clicking the connect button when you locate the Xero panel, then clicking the disconnect button. Once the disconnect button is clicked, you will be required to confirm the disconnection. Click the Yes button to fully disconnect.
- Will disconnecting delete staff members synced over from Xero?
- No, the imported staff members will remain within your Paycor Scheduling account.
- Will anything happen to my exported Timesheets page records after disconnecting?
- No, all exported Timesheets page records will remain within your Xero account.
- When / how does the staff data sync occur?
- Staff member data is synced over to Paycor Scheduling from Xero immediately after you save the integration for the first time. After that, the sync will occur automatically after each hour. If there are any applicable changes made in Xero, they will be synced over to Paycor Scheduling.
- Can the Timesheets page data be exported automatically?
- No, the Timesheets page data export is a manual process.
- Why am I receiving an error message when attempting to export Timesheets page entries?
- First, make sure that the entries being exported are approved. Second, make sure that the date range you have selected within Paycor Scheduling matches the date range of the Pay Run within Xero. Only then will the data export successfully from Paycor Scheduling to Xero.
We want to hear about your great ideas. If you have a feature request, enhancement suggestion, or improvement, let us know by submitting them to to our Ideas page. Your submission can receive votes from other Paycor Scheduling users, or you can vote on ideas yourself. Simply click the ADD A NEW IDEA button below to check it out.