The Firefox cache temporarily stores images, scripts, and other parts of websites you visit in order to speed up your browsing experience. This article describes how to clear the cache.
Clear the cache
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
What happens after you clear this info
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower initially because content, like images, needs to load again.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit.